Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Interview is COMPLETE!

I am so thrilled to report that the interview portion of the competition is FINISHED! This morning, I was picked up at my room at 8:42 to head to the interview holding quarters. As I prepared for interview, I spent quiet time talking with God, reading the word, catching up on current events and finally, completing a mock interview over the phone with my executive director, Matthew. It was a full morning but a very peaceful beginning to the day. Although I was a little bit nervous, I was ready and completely at peace when I went into the interview room. I realize with my whole heart that God already knows who the next Miss America will be and I am going to do my best and let Him work through me, especially in the area of interview. I can't wait to see what His plan is for me! The other focus I had directly before my interview was playing in my head the amazing interactions I’ve had with people all over the country, but especially in Wyoming. I thought of the parades, rodeos, and appearances I’ve made throughout my reign and remembered the precious faces that I’ve looked into. I knew that just as those people I’ve met wanted to hear my story and touched my heart, I was headed into the interview room to have another conversation just like that! So I walked into that room to face Kris Jenner and the others judges with pep in my step and hope in my heart!

It was wild to actually see the judges in person! After reading about them and seeing some of them on television and movies, it was such a huge change in perspective to see them as typical human beings, not just movie stars! I was asked a plethora of different questions on politics, pop culture, my platform, and my personal beliefs on different issues. The questions came quickly and I really felt like I kept my answers direct and concise, helping to lead the interview. As the interview progressed, the judges and I were laughing and truly enjoying each other’s presence. By the time I left that room, I had such joy, relief, and peace in my heart and I know that God worked through me and in me to help me be my BEST! I cannot stop praising Him in all that I do!

Following the interview, I ran up to my room, changed for rehearsal as a hostess waited for me and we headed to the theater for our first practice on the real stage. It was almost surreal to be at the theater I’ve dreamt of for so long. It was also incredibly special to think of my dear friend and the former Miss Wyoming, Alicia Grove, on that stage! We have shared so many special experiences and it is amazing to add this one to the list! J We rehearsed opening number, swimsuit, and evening gown, headed to lunch, and kept the rehearsals going afterwards!

We had a short break after dinner, which was WONDERFUL to catch up with the day’s events and have time to process all the amazing things that God worked in my life today. Then, we headed to PF Chang’s at Planet Hollywood for dinner! It was Miss Delaware’s (Maria’s) 21st birthday today and we celebrated with cake. I had a blast getting to know a more women and to finish out the night, we opened fortune cookies! It was pretty funny reading the papers and interpreting them ‘Miss America-style’! Miss Wisconsin had the best one saying that she would have success come her way this week! We’re all excited, that’s for sure!

My group (mu) is headed to do different video and photo shoots tomorrow morning at 7. I know it will be a big day but truly, each day has been more magical than the last. I feel so WILDLY blessed to be here and I am trying my best to soak up every second. My family and other Miss Wyoming Board members are arriving tomorrow and I cannot WAIT to see their shining faces! Finally, our family reunited in Vegas! Honestly, I think hearing about my family’s experience in Vegas will be more interesting than talking about my day here! Haha! Tomorrow I will compete in the area of Onstage Question. The question at this phase of competition will be something about my platform. I am so ready to shine! Thank you so much for all your prayers and excitement for me! I can hardly wait to see what tomorrow holds!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine,
    Just a quick note from the Reynolds' to let you know that we're really looking forward to seeing you on Saturday! Emily has been sharing your updates with us and we're loving reading your blogs. We know you are doing wonderfully and that everyone who meets you loves you as much as we do!
    Praying for you! Kathy, Quent, Quincy and Kashton

    ReplyDelete