Friday, January 6, 2012

Rehearsals have begun!

Can you believe it’s Friday already? Well, actually it’s almost SATURDAY! How time flies when you’re having fun and believe me, we’ve been having a blast! This morning was an early start with 5:00 a.m. wake up call for myself, getting ready for the IHOP breakfast appearance! Brittney and I got ready, donned our crowns and sashes and headed down to the event at Planet Hollywood with the rest of the gals. Everyone looked stunning in their dressy business wear and I could feel the excitement in the air as we headed down for breakfast and to meet a few of the miracle kids that have been directly helped through the Children’s Miracle Network hospitals.

As we got coffee, TURKEY bacon and sausage (haha), and hot pancakes for breakfast, the conversation livened and everyone got ready for the ‘biggest pancake’ and ‘highest pancake toss’ contests! Everyone’s ingenuity really shone as we figured out how to flip a pancake the size of the entire griddle-it was an experience for sure! Also, for all my coworkers at Rozet, I helped one of the 5 year old miracle kids through the food line. As soon as we reached the fruit, he pointed to the strawberries and melons he wanted by touching them with his precious little fingers! My intense training at Kindergarten lunch duty helped to prepare me for this moment and I was able to grab those pieces of fruit for him and redirect his pointing skills! :) We had a fun time together joking about germs and touching other people's food!

After IHOP, we headed to rehearsal. Get ready for a PRODUCTION at the Miss America pageant! You will all be blown away by the awesome ideas coming from the Miss America production team so make sure to watch the show live on ABC on January 14! Almost as soon as we started rehearsal, I was pulled for my ‘Tall Pony’ (a production company) interview, from which they will take segments and play them as I am hopefully called into the top 15 and further! J Our makeup and hair were done by the Express beauty crew and they made it appropriate for an HD shot. It was wild to see ourselves after being ‘made over’ for HD because the motto of “less is more” translates to a beautiful, natural look. However, most of us didn’t even look like we had make up on! I can’t wait to see how it turns out on screen. I waited for around 2 hours for this interview then headed over to Artistry by Amway for their separate interview. This lasted about 20 minutes then I was off to lunch!

The buffet at Planet Hollywood is AMAZING (so get your tummies ready) and we filled up on veggies, meat, salad, and there may have been a brownie or chocolate covered strawberry consumed by a few of the contestants! J Then we headed back to rehearsal. Because of the way rehearsal is structured, I had some time to kill before I learned my part so I took the opportunity to take a little snoozer! Apparently, this short time of rest was documented, as you can see on my facebook page! I pray these little naps will serve me well in the coming days.

Today’s structure provided some amazing time to get to know more of my sisters and it’s so fun to see everyone loosen up and really let their personalities shine through. So many of the women that I have met are talented, driven, motivated, kind, and personable. It is a joy to be around them! After a quick dinner at the buffet, we had about 20 minutes to get ready to head to the Phantom of the Opera!

We loaded on busses, headed to the Venetian and sat down to have our worlds ROCKED! The show was incredible. I hardly have words to describe it! Miss New York mentioned that in New York, the Broadway productions try to stay as close to the originals as possible and that the show we saw was very “Vegas-ized” compared to the New York Broadway productions. That is a perfect way to put it! The costumes and set were glittery and fabulous, totally over the top, and truly I could not look away once from the production! The chandelier was a moving prop and was positioned above our heads! At one point during the show, the chandelier catapulted straight towards us! I wish we could’ve had a snap shot of our faces at that moment! After the show was over, we got to get on stage on the stair case used during the ‘Masquerade’ number! We were able to meet a few members of the cast and I feel so incredibly blessed to have been up on that stage. It really made our eminent stage appearance feel like a reality and I cannot wait til we get to step foot onto our Planet Hollywood stage!

We headed back on the busses and are ready for a brand new day of rehearsals and a fashion show showcasing Express tomorrow evening at the mall! During the day today, I was able to spend quiet time in contemplation and I am just constantly “hit” by the fact that I am at Miss America, getting to experience things that I just never thought I would! I am so thankful to God and to all the people that have supported me to get me to this point. I am encouraged, having a blast, and so excited for a new day tomorrow! I am going to head to bed now but please know that I love you all very much! Thank you for the continued messages and love being sent my way! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment