Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Las Vegas Bound!

Wow, I can hardly believe that I’m sitting here waiting to board the plane to Las Vegas! I woke up this morning thanking God for this amazing opportunity and for a blessed and peaceful trip (and to get a handle on the butterflies in my tummy)!

I want to take this time to thank absolutely everyone for how you have stood by me, supported me, believed in me, and shown me so much love and kindness throughout this journey. So many of you have been here for me my entire life and have seen me grow and mature as a woman. I am so thankful for your presence. The people that I have met within the past 6 months as I hit the road and began a new chapter in my life as Miss Wyoming and as a speech language pathologist in Gillette have made such an impact on my heart and I am overwhelmed by all the support and love you’ve shown me! Words really cannot express the joy that bubbles over in my heart, but I hope you know that I love you all very much.

Now, just to fill you in on the last whirlwind month, I had a busy last few weeks of school in Gillette then headed to Texas to be with family over the holidays. My family, friends, and coworkers in Gillette were amazing in their well-wishes, send off parties (especially my speechies), prayers and time of fellowship! I was able to finish all of my IEP paperwork for the month of January and part of February, complete all 58 of my progress reports for my students’ report cards, and leave my office sparkling in preparation for another speech therapist to take over for me once I begin my new job in January! ;) It’s always good to be prepared!

I traveled to Sheridan for one last meeting with my Board of Directors (a 2 hour drive), headed to Laramie in the morning for my hair appointment (a 5 hour drive), then headed to Denver for my flight to Dallas (a 2 hour drive). Talk about a long day! It was amazing to see my sorority sisters and former roommates Allie Thompson and Hannah Fete in Denver!

My time in Dallas with my family was incredible. I was able to spend some time relaxing but did a LOT of much needed shopping in preparation for Las Vegas! With daily work outs, voice lessons, practice, and time mentally preparing, my days were pretty full! Just how I like them! J I did take time to teach my family how to “rope.” I recently was given a beautiful pink rope and have been practicing roping steer (actually, a hay bale with a plastic steer head shoved inside of it) and wanted to share that with my family! We set up a wire chair and had a blast practicing swinging and throwing the rope! The members of my family are a bunch of naturals!

As I head to Las Vegas, I have spent much time in prayer focusing on my ability to shine as God’s light for others, for opportunities to bless and lift others up, and for my energy, clarity of mind, and peace during the days in competition. Thank you for standing with me in my believing. I am so thankful and proud to be able to represent Wyoming at the Miss America competition and I know with the amazing support I have received and with God at my side, all things are possible! Oh, and don’t forget to vote at www.missamerica.org/videocontest/contestants/wyoming.aspx to help me reach the top 15! Much love to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Catherine, you're such a beautifully unique individual and I can't wait to see you shine on that stage. May the Lord bless every step you take, every note you belt, every new friendship you create, every moment you have. I am so proud of you and proud that life worked it's magic for us to meet. What an amazing inspiration you are to so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see that your picture is in the ASHA leader? You ROCK!!
    Christiane

    ReplyDelete