Wednesday, January 4, 2012

One glorious day down, many more to come!

Oh my GOODNESS! Talk about living the dream! I met my co-director of the Miss Wyoming Scholarship Board, Matthew Rubin, at the airport in Las Vegas! I snuck up behind him (at least I thought I did) and he turned around holding a beautiful sign that read, “Miss America 2012, Catherine Brown!!!” It was such a blessing and an amazing statement of believing!

A former Miss Wyoming Board member, Shirley, picked us (and our combined 8 bags) up at the airport and we stopped for water and headed to the hotel! There are huge banners and electronic billboards with Teresa Scanlan’s beautiful face advertising the Miss America pageant! This is so exciting!

Matthew and I spent the afternoon finalizing outfits and jewelry for each outfit. It was a grueling process but everything is labeled, bagged and ready to go! I am so thankful we had that extra time together to put the finishing touches on my Miss America wardrobe!

Then, Matthew and I had a little fun! We donned our jogging attire and hit the strip for about an hour and a half! I t was one of the most eventful runs of my life! We met so many people, snapped a couple neat shots, saw the lights of Vegas as the sun continued to set, and browsed a couple of hotels as we made our way down the strip. It was a test of agility as much as it was an endurance run trying to make it through all the people and up and down all the stairs to make it down the strip!

We ran back to the hotel and got ready for my fitting with Express. They are a new Miss America sponsor and I am so thrilled to be wearing their product! It was so fun to see many of my Miss America class sisters again and made the experience feel so very real. The Express hosts had racks of dresses set up for us to pick our Onstage Question outfit. They helped us each to pick out a perfect dress and accessorize it beautifully. I LOVE my dress and the accessories that go with it! Can’t wait for everyone to see it! J We showed our fashion show/arrival ceremony outfit and the Express stylists helped to adjust and enhance every aspect of the outfit so we all looked as perfect as possible!

Matthew and I had a delicious dinner of PF Changs and are ready to rock and ROLL tomorrow! I check in tomorrow with the Miss America organization at 7:30 a.m. and will take part in my second round of fittings, this time with all my competition gowns! I will keep you as updated as possible as the whirlwind continues! Thank you so much for all your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment